David Love the owner of CHIC Blinds & Curtains contacted me as he needed a new Logo Design and brand identity for his business,
Gathered information from initial meeting and design brief:-
- The company was a independent made to measure, bespoke window blinds and curtains company that needed a new Logo Design and brand identity, they would also need a website to be designed and developed after the the logo was signed off
- The logo must emphasis the nature of the business in an elegant and sophisticated way.
- Appealing icon for visual identity of the company.
- The colours the company wanted was a graphite grey
- The Logo must work well as a black and white concept.
- The logo must reflect the nature of the business and create a professional corporate company image, be recognisable and memorable.
After studying the design brief and then meeting with David to discuss the logo design in more detail i went away and did some further research into the company and their competitors. I started mind mapping and then i went pencil to paper with the sketch book to sketch out some ideas, we had a second meeting and David selected 4 sketches to be digitised and built in Adobe illustrator, I designed 4 concepts as shown below including a rounded version, I sent the master logo design sheet over to David as a PDF so he could take a look and go over it with the team, it was also printed off and presented in another meeting so i could explain the directions i took and why this would be beneficial for the company, the chosen logo was then selected and finalised no revisions were required on the final logo design which is always a good thing!, once happy the design was signed off.
It was really nice to chat with David as he understood the value of a logo design and brand identity, he also valued the importance of simplicity and how a logo works best when it works in black and white this is very rare when dealing with a client.
The Final Logo Design
As part of the design process I explored many different directions, however the design which stood out and became the final selected logo is the design presented below.
The design was carefully thought out to represent the companies image and maintain a corporate appearance, whilst displaying what the company does as an icon only without text.
- I wanted to represent blinds and curtains within the logo and i was able to achieve this with the hand drawn icon that was vectorised.
- I customised the serif typeface to create an elegant and corporate feel to the logo design.
During some of the design stage designing the various icons from the sketches for the logo design. This stage is always fun as i know exactly the direction i’m taking with each concept of logo designs.
Working on the typography and font style, and working down to the final chosen font style. The final font was chosen and customised to make it unique to the logo design.
Below is the final logo design master sheet that was sent to the client for review and then presented to the client in a meeting to explain the direction i took and the benefits the logo designs will have for the company
After the logo design and brand identity project was complete i received the following feedback from David
Andrew at AJR Designs impressed me on multiple levels. He had an uncanny sense for what I was pondering but hadn’t yet said aloud, really listened effectively to what I was seeking, brought forward some brilliant design ideas for my consideration, and did it all in a timely manner and with excellent communication skills. How could so many terrific characteristics and abilities find their way into one graphic designer? I recommend Andrew unequivocally and would use him again in a heartbeat.
David Love – CHIC Blinds & Curtains
– Website will be coming soon in 2017 and added here –